Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Another Year



So it was the big 2-5 today. It was a nice day, overall. I had to work because the main receptionist is on vacation, but I got a 2 hour lunch. Mel treated and it was great (as usual) to spend time with her and continue our eternal good conversation. (One time her husband told us to stop talking and go to bed because we had all of the next day to talk to each other and I just shook my head at him and told him there are never enough hours in the day to capture all the things Mel and I find to talk about.)

After work I rushed to my parent's house to clean up for the little party I threw for myself. (I know, it's a little sad and pathetic, but if I didn't do it I wasn't sure if anyone would so I was just proactive about it.) I put out my food and baked and frosted my cake and then waited for the guests to arrive. It was kind of a strange group...a mix of friends I've known for 12 years, some I've only known for 1, 2 or 3 (most of the ones in that group are the spouses or children of the friends I've known forever), and a couple of kids who I've only known for a month or so. They ranged in age from 6 months-26 years. At one point, my dog tried to "get frisky" with my favorite 1 yr old ever, and the highlight of the party was his mom yelling "STOP HUMPING MY BABY!"


Birthdays have never been a big deal in my house...especially mine since my sister's birthday is the next day. Today was pretty laid back as usual, but it was still nice to be told that people love me and remember me. Haha, the only sad thing about the day was I totally lost the Facebook competition. You know how some people get millions of Happy Birthday messages on Facebook and Myspace? I got like 6. Which I appreciate, really. But the same part of me that always wished I was 5'8 and size 2 with amazing boyfriends and lots of money was a little dissapointed that more people didn't say something. Isn't that awful? I should erase that and not post it, but the part of me that thinks it's kind of funny won't let me.

I need to post more stories on my other blog. I will, but it will probably be a little while. Life has been busy with my family reunion (SO FUN -- I'll devote my next post to that) and birthday. And now I'm scheduled to go to the fair and to the Morton LOGGER'S JUBILEE this weekend. I'm totally stoked for both and plan on seeing a lot of really funny rednecks at both events. I'll try and take pictures.




My high school friends and their spouses (who are also my friends...some of them even better than the original high school ones, haha) The single kids had already left the party...you'd think they'd be ready to party hearty and be the last ones to go, but I guess we were a. too boring or b. too exciting for them. I'm not sure which.

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Happy (belated) bday Jess!!! I'm glad you had such a fun party, I wish i could have been there! Your hair looks super cute in the picture, you're hot lady :)

Jeanette & Jason said...

Happy Birthday Jess!