Wednesday, September 10, 2008

School's In Session!

Just when I thought I had gotten a good rhythm down for blogging, my schedule became all crazy again and now my posts are few and far between. I have a couple of minutes before class though and thought I'd just give a quick update. Apparently the logger's jubilee post is never going to happen, so I'll just suffice it to say that lumberjacks + small town hicks + good friends = tons-o-fun. I'm totally making it an annual tradition!

School started again, and I've been floating on air because I will be DONE IN MAY!! Only two semesters left, and I'm so excited. Unfortunately due to stupid school policies and transfer problems, I have to take chemistry this semester and it's kind of kicking my butt. Luckily I'm taking it with a friend, and the rest of my classes aren't hard so far so hopefully I'll get through it ok.

Otherwise life is really good. I flew to L.A. last weekend for my good friend Carri's wedding. She was beautiful and I really like her husband so it was a happy event. Plus I love her family so it was totally good to see them.

I ran into an old classmate a few minutes ago and after we talked about his life for a little while he said, "So how are you doing? I think you must be doing really well, are you doing really well?" I replied that yes, life was really good. He responded with, "Yeah, I thought so. You just have a really good energy surrounding you." I don't know if it's my aura or just the fact that I'm wearing a bright pink shirt today, but either way I appreciated the compliment. Hopefully the good energy sticks around for a long time because I love feeling happy!

All right, I'm off to my "fake" class now. It's institute (basically a bible study class for college mormons). My coworker asked why it was fake and I told him because I don't get any credit for going to it...except with God, haha. Until next time (be it days, weeks or months)!

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

boo for school, yay for you having a happy aura! I'm so glad things are going well for you, I miss you but don't blame you for not wanting to stick around UT :) Keep us updated with school/life/stuff whenever you get a free second! love ya! oh p.s... is this Carrie I know that got married? If so send her my congrats, that's exciting!

Karin said...

I'm hoping to graduate in May too! Isn't it super exciting to finally see all your hard work pay off? I've been doing this college thing for the last 7 years. Bah!