Sunday, June 29, 2008

Age Barrier

Well, I may officially be the lamest girl ever now. I've been hanging out with kids who range from being 2 to 7 years younger than me...and I'm totally having a fun time doing it! I need to stop making comments about how old I am though because I don't think they even notice. I'm just a little self conscious that some of these kids are YOUNGER than kids I used to babysit. But I can either only hang out with married people, spend a lot of time alone, or suck it up and get over preconcieved notions I have about age barriers and just have fun with some new friends.



I continue to feel a lasting change within myself. I laugh more and talk more and love myself more everyday. I need to kick my own butt into gear and go to the gym more often so I can feel good inside AND out, but I'm definitely not ungrateful for the inner confidence I've found again. It's amazing how depression and opposition tell you such lies about who you are and what your gifts and talents are. The lies are louder than all the truths told to you by your loved ones. I have felt a little lost for years now, but while in the midst of it I didn't even realize how much of the old me had disappeared. Don't get me wrong, there is still progress to be made and also maintenance is the hardest thing for me but I really believe that I'm moving in the right direction.




It's good to be back!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Depression is truly a completely awful thing that so many without it cannot even fathom. I was trying to explain it to a naturally happy friend of mine, but it was really hard to explain it so that she could understand the depths of it. I'm so glad that you are digging your way out. So many are not able to do so :(

amber {and co.} said...

Jess I'm proud of you for being proactive to get the real you back! I've struggled with depression since I was 10 and you described it perfectly, and I feel no shame in taking the medication that makes me the real me :) But if you have an hard day you can always shoot me an email or phone call and know I'll be here to understand and sympathize! oh and I felt the same way before I got married- I hung out with my little sister and her friends because all of mine were married! But I dont regret it at all :)