Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That

My sleeping habits have been AWFUL lately, and the other night I was up until 4 talking to my friend online. I didn't think it would effect me too badly, but last night I couldn't sleep until 5 so I left work early today because I was woozy and dizzy from only getting 1 hour of sleep. And now here I am again at 12:30 facing the choice of finishing my laundry because I'm fresh out of clean undies, or trying to get some shut eye at a semi-decent hour. Oh brother. Gone are the good ol' days of being 18 or 19 years old, able to stay up all night and survive off of 2-3 hours of sleep every night. Maybe something in me is rebelling against my real age and trying to be young again and that's why I cant sleep lately. Or I've just been doing pretty well in most areas of my life, and subconsciously I'm self-sabotaging. Hmmm...could that be reason #9 I'm crazy?

I taught the lesson at our stake YSA FHE (Young Single Adult Family Home Evening --Mormons seriously have their own language) and I think it went well. I didn't prepare for it as much as I should have, but luckily the kids there were willing and able to have a discussion and made lots of really good comments. That made my job a lot easier. I HATE having to sit through 45 minute lessons where the speaker doesn't ask any questions or allow comments. It's boring and I don't get anything out of it. The whole point of YSA FHE is that we're all about the same age living similar experiences, so we have a lot to learn from each other. I just wanted to give us a chance to do that. Hopefully the adults in charge of FHE took note and will encourage future teachers to give lessons that are conducive to good discussions.

Six week school terms are totally the way to go. I'm already halfway done with this term! It goes so fast I don't have time to be lazy.

I had a run-in at the gym this weekend with a crazy old hairy fat man named Don. He got me kicked out of the steam room. When I talked to management about it the next day, they assured me that they hated Don (apparently he tattled on someone one time for sweating too much while exercising...no joke) and that I had been in the right the day before. The employee who kicked me out will be informed of the actual steam room rules. I am glad, because I feared that my favorite part of the gym was going to be stolen away from me. I looooove the steam room so much -- way more than a regular old sauna. I would just like to end this tonight by telling that crazy man who has nothing better to do than follow people around and try and get them in trouble when they're not doing anything wrong:

Don, suck it.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Um... I went to bed at 10:30 last night and STILL couldn't get up this morning for work. Yes, we are getting old... it happens to the best of us.

Jeanette & Jason said...

Stand strong, don't listen to what they say! Mark Ruffalo IS a cutie! Sorry those other two guys definitely are not.... more pictures of Mark!!

briancobabe said...

you are apparently a very talented writer. very descriptive. good shit.
First of all...

"I'd settle for just a sexy romp in the hay if that's what it came down to." ... come on now, ew.

"In all my 24+ years, none of those things have given me such intense and lasting pleasure as the smell outside my classroom"

drugs jessica. massive amounts of drugs. i am now sure you are on them

"Sometimes I feel like there are just too many things I do wrong and too many mistakes"

it's the story of my life jes. fortunately i've got someone to kick me in the ass and tell me that i'm not screwing up as much as i think i am. you always seemed too on top of your game to me, i honestly couldn't see anything but good things in your future. hurry up and get rich for gods sake, that way i can quit work and mooch off you. i'm counting on my family to support me damnit. you're obviously a rediculously (sp?) amazing writer, you need to start like writing shit and getting it published. there's some words to live by. write shit get publish.

how the heck are ya? if ever you're using email in the afternoons, i chat it up all day via the ol' work address. bcobabe@online.gcu.edu hit a brotha up. otherwise i'm at briancobabe@gmail

it's great to see you're as crazy as i am! MUAHAHAHA